Let's Hear It for the Boys!

Monday, March 24, 2014


Okay, so that news that I was mysteriously referring to the other day? I get to say now! One of my babies got accepted into his college of choice, AND was awarded a great big merit scholarship! I've been teaching Scotty since he was in the fifth grade, and he's been staying with us full-time for the past two years, so you could say that I am ALL KINDS of emotionally invested. When I got the news, I had a lovely happy-cry over the phone with his mom, and then I started ransacking my kitchen for something to bake. Obviously my icing-cursive skills need work, but sometimes a girl just has to bake something!



He is so smart and funny and sweet, this boy! I've watched him grow and mature so much, especially lately, and I just can't get over how insanely PROUD I am of him. I remember the first day I met him, when he was a hyper little fifth grader who hit me upside the head with an empty paper towel roll by way of introduction. Now he's all grown up and just about ready to take on the world, armed with much nicer things than paper towel rolls. Things like courage and determination and strength and humility. 



I'm also pretty proud of our four All-Stars, who had their last game of the season this weekend. For two of them it was their last high school basketball game EVER, so again, I feel all emotional and sentimental. These weirdos are kind of awesome.








4 comments:

  1. Aww...such a proud Mama! This made my heart all kinds of happy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the boy! Your cake looks very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome!! Huge reason to celebrate, for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome! Congratulations to all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground