Quick Takes, Mostly School Edition

Friday, March 21, 2014

1.
Yesterday seemed like an extremely looooooong, emotional day for a lot of the kids at school. By the end of it I was completely drained, and was pretty sure that I only had two or three working brain cells left to my name. Aaron took the boys to the school's lasagna dinner night after tennis practice, but I just took the girls home straight from school so I could sit on the porch swing and recuperate while they played.

2.
And while I was sitting and feeling thankful for things like the nice weather, and coffee, and sweet baby girls, I received some very excellent news. Which I can't share yet, and let me just say, it's KILLING ME to keep it to myself. But my point is, I really needed that news at exactly that time. Sometimes it's hard not to feel discouraged and maybe even defeated, so it was wonderful to feel so encouraged.

3.
I'll tell, I promise, just not today.

4.
The boys have their state all-stars game tomorrow night, and I can't wait. Not to brag or anything, but we have FOUR boys who qualified. That's kind of a lot for one teeny-tiny school. I'm totally bragging. Also, DISTRICT CHAMPS, did I mention that? Mmmhhm. I don't think we have a hundred students enrolled in our entire school, let alone the high school, but we're the district champs, I'm just saying. Our guys are awesome. And our coach is kind of a rock star.

5.
Speaking of our coach, it says on the schedule for tomorrow night that there is a Coach's Game after the all-star games. Which SOUNDS like the coaches will play. Which would MEAN that I would get to see Aaron play, which never happens! CAN'T WAIT!

6. 
I've got one of our seniors wanting to go to Berry College, now, yay! I'm not going to feel content and satisfied until all of my senior guys are signed on somewhere good, and my alma matter is kind of the best! Aaron contacted the coaching staff there with his stats yesterday, and I'm crossing my fingers that they're interested in seeing him play. For one thing, he's not just an amazing basketball player, he's one of the best people I've ever met, and he would LOVE Berry. For another thing, Aaron said we could go on a road trip and drive Shawn out there for a try-out and stuff if they were interested in him. DO YOU KNOW HOW AWESOME THAT WOULD BE??! Pretty awesome. I miss Georgia.

7.
This was a very boys-and-school centered post! Here.


Aaron went to the store to pick up some chips to go with the chili I made the other night (this chili, and I thought I made WAY too much, but then there weren't any leftovers at all, incidentally) and I meant to ask him to buy a copy of Frozen while he was there, but I forgot, and then he came home with it anyway, and also bubble guns and flowers. If he was any more amazing, I'm not sure what I'd do!



More Quick Takes here!


4 comments:

  1. This post made me smile. Also, I want to knooooooooow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bubbles look like soo much fun !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bubbles! They're so fun! I'm glad your weekend started off on a great note and I can't wait to hear your news when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to having so many basketball players get to play in the game! And how exciting to have a student want to go to your college. I had one if mine when I was teaching- she decided to go somewhere else but I was excited she applied!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground