Looking Up

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Aaron has pneumonia, the children are irritable, the costumes are unfinished, everyone's tensions are running high. Who knows what's going on with the senior trip, the plans keep changing. I keep forgetting to do basic things, like sleeping or eating. The baby woke me up out of a ridiculous stress dream a few hours ago, and she was mostly finished with her bottle by the time the very real-feeling anxiety started to fade.

I took my coffee outside and began watering the garden. After a few minutes I realized how wonderful it felt out there...cool air, birds singing, water droplets catching light. And the sky!


I can never be convinced that simple, beautiful sights like this aren't made to give us peace, to remind us that everything will work out just fine.

Yesterday was hard, but I have a feeling that today can be different.

1 comment:

  1. I hope some of the stress starts to ease soon. You have a LOT going on right now!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground