Theme Thursday - Bright

Thursday, July 10, 2014




This week's theme is bright, and that certainly works for how things have been around here lately. Everything is growing and glowing, and I don't care that it's kind of hot, I want to be soaking up all the sunshine as much as possible. The first thing I do every morning is take my coffee outside and poke around in my garden for a few minutes before I turn on the sprinklers. It's a messy, disorganized situation, overrun with tomato vines and herbs and all the random flowers that I tend to accumulate, but it makes me happy!


Especially the tomatoes. I've never been able to grow them at all, but for some reason they just took over this summer. I have no idea what I did differently, but yay!


And since I refuse to let the girls stay cooped up inside all day, prisoners of the air conditioning, they are growing and glowing in my garden too. We've been spending an hour or so outside after breakfast each morning. Usually they are very content for the first fifteen minutes, then ask to go inside. When I say not yet, they wander off and get so absorbed in making bird feeders or building fairy houses or playing in the little pool that I am usually the one to call it when it gets too bright. I'm solidly convinced that playing in the sunshine is ESSENTIAL to having a happy day. 






Link up!


2 comments:

  1. What a good mom for making them be outside. Some of the best memories of my childhood are from my mom sending me out. I am jealous of your tomatoes. I really really want even just one tomato. There's still time right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prisoners if the air conditioning. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground