Wordless Wednesday: And the Hello Kitty Projects Begin!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Last night Aaron had to work on the upper school fall schedule, so I needed a project that I could do nearby to keep him company. Again with our cheap, boring "dates"! But it was a good chance to make Lainey's birthday dress, so I dragged out my sewing machine and he had his laptop, and we had a pretty nice evening!



I still have to sew the waistband down, but by the time I got to this point we realized that it was one o'clock in the morning!

My inspiration was this picture, and I just up-cycled one of those ridiculous size-0 bridesmaid skirts that overrun the thrift store. All it needed was a little white polyester remnant, some thick elastic, fabric paint, and a hairbow...and voila!


(and I think this dress is from Hot Topic, which...oops! But it's cute for a four year old!)

UPDATE - all finished, and she looooooves it!












8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Why are you the best at everything!? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea - thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out very nice, you did a great Job!!
    She looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Hello Kitty VERY MUCH! This is such a nice project! Nice design =) #WW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm impressed! Good job, Mom!!! Hello Kitty was a favorite of my girls when they were young. They would have liked this cute little dress. Thanks for stopping by to visit my WW party! :D

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground