Wordless Wednesday: Treasure Hunt

Wednesday, July 9, 2014


Since we finished reading Mr. Popper's Penguins AND we went to see Annie last week, I couldn't resist picking up the movie versions of both stories for cheap when I ran into Half Price Books for the next bedtime chapter book.
(Which is Mary Poppins, by the way, and we're in love with it so far!)

It seemed boring to just GIVE them the movies, though, so I decided to make them the prizes at the end of a treasure hunt that I had been wanting to do for one of our summer school activities.


I printed out a bunch of clip-art pictures of household objects and taped them up as clues after the girls were asleep the other night. I deliberately picked pictures that didn't look EXACTLY like our things because the whole (sneaky, educational) point of the activity was to get the girls to think of what the symbols could represent and then think of something concrete that would fit into that category. And also to have a ridiculous amount of fun because, TREASURE HUNT OMG, YOU'RE A PIRATE, MAMA!
Check and check!



















4 comments:

  1. Love that your make life so sweet for your littles! Those adorable faces say it all. Thanks for visiting me at Doorkeeper. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! It is awesome to be a Piratey Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea and am so glad you linked to the Saturday Soiree Blog Party! It was a blessing to find your blog and I am a new follower. I hope you'll link-up with me next week.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground