Thank Goodness for Long Weekends!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

We had Monday off, which gave us a FOUR day weekend, and it was glorious. I've been feeling a little -consumed would be the overly-dramatic word that comes to mind here- with work, and like I don't get to spend enough time enjoying my darlings. I spend lots of time taking care of them, but that's not exactly the same thing. So this wonderful long weekend was just what we needed. We got to do fun things together, like getting milkshakes and driving out to see the progress on the new house and taking silly minivan selfies...


And stage pictures just to try and sell (really amazing!) raffle tickets...

And make chili and have a game night where Gigi FINALLY wins...

And finish up the embroidery on those church totes I've been making for the girls...


And have very lady-like little picnics with our snacks...

And very un-lady-like dirt digging projects in our church clothes...


And read a lot of books...

And do lots of cooking and baking like usual, but together, with lots of help...

And get some very overdue well check-ups taken care of...


It's funny what a big difference an extra day off can make. I didn't have to rush as much through my marathon of weekend tasks, and I think the girls picked up on that and in turn they had much happier attitudes than usual. It was lovely!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! I'm going all stereotypical now, but I cannot believe how big Avalon is getting. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground