Weekend Wrap-Up

Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving break threw me off a little this year because it felt like one long weekend. I was putting away the girls' laundry yesterday, thinking didn't I do this already this weekend?? But no, that was last weekend. I tried really hard to make it be like an ordinary weekend, because we still have two weeks of school before Christmas break and my chickies are all starting to show the strain of Not Normal. We're going to do our best to keep from acting like wild hellions at school the next two weeks, all of us.


Wild hellions, I assure you!

My goal for the break was to Pack Lots and Lots of Things, but to make it not SEEM like I had packed lots and lots of things. Which was accomplished by dint of lots of sweeping and dusting and trips to the storage unit between projects. I was guardedly hopeful that I had done a lot of the work of packing over the summer, when I was getting the house ready to show, and that miraculously turned out to be actually true. Things were already sorted through and pared down and organized, so really I didn't have much to do but stick them in boxes. All of the upstairs is now packed, and most of the downstairs. And the boys' room is converted back into a garage, which made us all a little sad and nostalgic.

It was Thanksgiving break four years ago that we started building in the garage because we had kids staying with us and I desperately implored Aaron to make some sort of nursery room for me because I needed sweet little baby Lainey to have her own space.








So he did, and we put Love right into the walls, and that room has gone through a lot of different incarnations since then, but the love has stayed there all this time.

It's gone from nursery to playroom to boy's room to EXTRA boy's room to office-for-show, and then this:


 


Now it's back to being just an ordinary old garage, and it's a little bittersweet. But a good, moving-forward kind of bittersweet, I think. There's been a crazy amount of progress on the New House and every time we visit it I feel the most excited over the lovely new never-was-a-garage room for the boys. It's going to be so much nicer!

No. I feel the MOST excited over the big pantry. And all of the bathrooms. But the boy's room is right up there with them.

And it's projected to be ready in just two more weeeeeeeks!



4 comments:

  1. So exciting that all that progress is coming so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I can't believe how fast they can throw a house together!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I am soooo excited for us to be all done and settled in! I can't wait!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground