Weekend Wrap-Up: Easter Weekend!

Monday, April 6, 2015

No school today, so this weekend wrap-up is brought to you by sleeping in, a rainy morning, and a cup of hot tea. Mmmmmhhhm! Exactly what I need after Easter-ing it up the past few days.

Friday was all housework and sewing costumes...nothing noteworthy except how I spent an entire afternoon vacillating between "I'm going to finish these costumes BEFORE my deadline" and "I will never, ever, ever be finished. Ever." About once every five minutes. I still haven't made up my mind which it is, but I would probably be in better shape if I would just stop changing my opinion on fabrics and GO WITH SOMETHING.

On Saturday Aaron took the guys to use the paintball tickets I gave them all for Christmas (now that basketball season is really and truly over, they have time to do fun things again!) and they were gone all day, waging war. 



I was busy all day with laundry and Easter preparations. We wanted our Easter dinner for lunch after church, so I made as much of the menu in advance as I could and had everything ready to heat up and enjoy. The girls helped Kim and I with various chores (and fought with each other enough that I thought they could have dominated at paintball if they had tagged along there) all morning and then dyed Easter eggs after blessed, blessed naptime.





After the guys came home, Aaron and I ran out to get a giant order of wings for Dan's birthday dinner (and to have ten minutes together, because we miiiiiiiissssss each other!) and to pick up a ham. Such a romantic date!
No, but it really was. If you think that holding hands in the Buffalo Wild Wings parking lot and being told that you are beautiful - after wrestling a toddler, cleaning out a refrigerator, answering the same questions over and over, cooking a million things, and hauling enormous laundry baskets up and down the stairs all day- by the ultimate paintball champion of the universe (who was still pretty sick and didn't actually want to spend the day running and shooting, but wasn't going to let the boys down because he gets that cancelled plans can feel a lot bigger than just no paintball today) isn't romantic? Well then, I don't know what to tell you! 

Later, after the girls were asleep, I ran downstairs to set up the Easter baskets and the bunny tracks. Usually I use corn starch and glitter for the tracks, but I couldn't find any cornstarch. I ended up painting them on with white tempera paint, which was significantly easier anyway, and tossing on some pastel cupcake sprinkles. We have this thing every year where I pretend to be so irritated at the Easter Bunny because he never remembers to wipe his paws and always makes a mess in my clean house. The girls think it's hilarious.



They were more than happy to wake up early on Sunday morning, put on pretty new dresses, and see what the Easter Bunny had left for them!





The morning was unfortunately rainy, but our church still had it's Easter egg hunt, thank goodness! The girls had a wonderful time - Avalon was with the bigger kids and Lainey was in the four and under section with Phoebe. She filled her bucket pretty quickly and spent most of her time helping Phoebe, who was a little uncertain about the whole situation.




I love these sweet little darlings!


After church service ended we went home and I heated everything up at lightning speed - I wanted to get some actual food in their tummies to counteract all the candy!




(All a thm S meal except for the banana pudding and the rolls, which I put out for the kids)

By the time we finished eating and got the girls down for naptime, I was worn out! I took a nap too, and after I got them all up later I tried to hem a dress while they watched a movie and ate entire chocolate bunnies (I know, I know! But...Easter is one of the few days of the year where I let them eat all the candy they want. The rest of the time I'm all lame and strict about sugar and red dye and gmos and stuff. I figure it balances out in the end!) but it was a sad little effort. I ended up laying back down for a while and then snuggling with them a whole bunch at bedtime. Mostly because snuggling is nice, but also because I didn't have the energy to get back up.

Now we have this lovely Monday off and I don't plan on doing much more than actually hemming that dress and detoxing the kids from all that sugar. Both of which I can easily accomplish in yoga pants and a t-shirt, and that is why I am willing to do them!



link-up!
link-up!





5 comments:

  1. Aww...they're adorable in their matching dresses! Oh, and those bunny tracks are way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a GREAT Easter! All that food looks so good.

    Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are precious! Easter wears me out too, but it's my favorite celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girls are precious! Easter wears me out too, but it's my favorite celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like the perfect kind of Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground