(Four Day) Weekend Wrap-Up

Tuesday, May 5, 2015



This was our last long weekend of the school year, and we mostly spent it in contemplating the summer. I made lists of the fun things we'll do and all of our goals for the summer...we played in the back yard while Aaron grilled hotdogs and GiGi's sun tea steeped...I went shopping for shorts and a bathing suit in my new sizes (but I refused to believe I could fit into them, so Aaron kept having to persuade me to be brave and try things on)...the community pool opened up and we made our first trek there, only to find out that our access card hadn't been activated, much to Phoebe's chagrin (I GO SWIMMMMMMM!)...I called and emailed and finally got the card activated yesterday, much to Phoebe's chagrin (NO SWIM! GO CAAAAAAAAAR!)...we had the pool all to ourselves and sang Little Mermaid songs and had a picnic and I rescued Avalon from a shark that turned out to be a drain and Phoebe smeared her sunblock-covered face all over my not-sunblock-covered chest so now I have a strange Phoebe-face blotch on my collarbone...we cleaned out part of the garage and went on a date and went to church and took naps...











After much consideration, I think summer looks like a pretty good idea. Let's go ahead with that.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like y'all had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely long weekend! I also planned out the "sand pail list" this weekend. Ready for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you have a pool in your community.. ( and that you can use it now )..

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground