Quick Takes

Friday, May 15, 2015

1. Some of the grammar school classes went on a field trip to the Grapevine Mills Aquarium yesterday, capping off their year-long study of oceans. Avalon asked very solemnly if she could borrow my phone to take pictures, since I couldn't go with her. Aaron and I thought about it, then told her no, there was too much of a risk that she might accidentally drop it or lose it. If she had pitched a fit at being told no, I wouldn't have cared...but her quietly sad little, "Oh okay, I understand." Well...

2. Obviously she has my number. Happily my phone returned safe and sound, with about two hundred VERY AMAZING pictures on it.


3. Like so...







4. Also, apparently if a six year old asks her friends for silly faces, she gets more spectacular results than if an adult does.




5. The upper school had an end-of-year award ceremony yesterday, low key this year, just an outdoor assembly and no banquet. Academic awards, character awards, athletic awards, drama awards, volunteer awards...talking about a year's worth of accomplishments all at once makes us realize how incredible our babies really are, and how much progress they've made in such a short time!




6. I think we needed an extra award for our awesome PTF...the stuff they did for teacher appreciation week was above and beyond! 


(not pictured...Starbucks gift cards, and apples with amazing caramel dip! We are spoiled!)

7. We haven't had much nice weather for swimming all week, but I did take the kids one day after school when it was just overcast. And Phoebe found the courage to sit on the edge of the pool and put her feet in to splash! All on her own! I am not without hope that she will actually get IN the water before this summer is over!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground