Weekend Wrap-Up

Monday, May 18, 2015

This was the last weekend before school ends for the summer, how crazy is that? I can't believe that we're already to the last week of school! It's difficult to concentrate on anything else, actually, I'm so busy trying to wrap my mind around it and make sure everything gets taken care of properly in the next FOUR days.

Friday we slept in (because Aaron surprised me with a date to a laaaaate showing of Pitch Perfect 2 on Thursday night, because we are mature, responsible adults and all) and then ran some errands, did some laundry, went to the pool. It was so nice to spend the entire day all together. We definitely cherish every little slice of time where we aren't in some sports season or other and can all be together.



Saturday the boys and I did Walk4Water, which was incredible. I was just impressed that they were all up and ready to go at eight AM on a Saturday! We walked our four miles, taking turns carrying a big heavy water container. We were all definitely sore afterwards, so it was a very eye-opening experience. I was really happy to see that so many Flint kids showed up, even though most of them don't go to North Davis...they've really gotten into the spirit of volunteerism during this past year thanks to the Green Cord program.






The girls stayed with Aaron and had a fun morning with him...he took them all shopping and out to lunch. He also hung some curtains for me and did some random projects around the house AND cooked dinner later that night. He's seriously my knight in shining armor! He and the boys played some intense rounds of Dungeon Defenders after the girls were in bed, and I hung out with them and made a summer wreath because I was feeling crafty. It had been at least a WEEK since I'd hot-glued anything!





I had a hideous migraine on Sunday, but I made it through church and then took a nap and downed a Red Bull so I could get through one last Sunday afternoon of baking and class party prep. I honestly felt pretty sad when I realized that Lainey and I were baking the LAST BATCH of cookies for the school year. Chocolate chip, because you gotta end on a classic.



And since we just finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone last week in my seventh grade lit class, we are naturally going to be watching the movie and eating wizard candy for the last week of school. (Naturally, IF I can find a copy of the movie...I assumed ours was with the other dvds, but guess what I discovered this morning? It isn't! So hmmm, that's going to be a problem in a few hours!) The PTF ordered Bertie Bott's Every-Flavor Beans and some Jelly Slugs for us, and a frog candy mold because oh my goodness, Chocolate Frogs are expensive! I made a couple batches last night, and discovered that if you spray the candy mold with cooking oil, then throw in a bunch of green sprinkles before you pour the chocolate, the frogs turn out all green-y and warty looking!  After the frogs were finished I turned a bunch of those Ferrero Rocher candies into Golden Snitches. All of that, plus some popcorn should make a pretty decent magical movie snack, I hope.





Now I'm just hoping my migraine stays gone so I can survive the crazy week that we're all in for. Trying to maintain order and productivity during the last week of school is no joke! We have three "normal" days and then the last day we always do something fun instead of trying to have class. This year the upper school is going to Flight Deck, which should be a good way to release all that end-of-the-year energy.








link-up!
link-up!

2 comments:

  1. I baked snickerdoodles a couple of times lately and everyone loved them. I may have to do it more often. And so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I need to cut way back on my sugar consumption... But now I want to eat cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground