Making Adjustments

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

This is my new command central for now...


I'm still not thrilled about it, but the truth is that I am somewhat less sick when I just stay in bed. I can keep down just enough food and water to keep the baby growing and my brain sort of functioning. I'll get up every little while and do a thing...maybe two things! But then I'm done. 
And you know what? Bed is not a bad place for making digital photo books, or planning curriculum, or putting together booster club and cheer squad ideas, or obsessively Pinning costume hacks for next year's plays, or plotting out ideas for Lainey's birthday party, or getting lots and lots of reading done, or snuggling with the girls, or listening to their many stories about their days, or letting them eat popcorn and watch movies after bedtime with me, or binge-watching Hart of Dixie (I don't know why, don't judge me) on Netflix, or, you know, growing a person. In fact, bed is a pretty good place for all of those things. 
I'm bored, and I miss doing everything I ordinarily do. But I found a really awesome deal for cheerleading uniforms, Lainey's party should be SO CUTE, I'm already a quarter of the way through my Circe reading, and I think I've figured out how to make homecoming mums. Maybe next I'll find some good field trips for next year and organize all my recipes! 

Thank goodness Aaron gave me my own laptop for Christmas!






link-up!
link-up!

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are not feeling well at all! I am so excited that y'all are having football! We can discuss our six man football crazy lives! I am also pinning away for booster club! Get better girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better! You know for the longest time when I was pregnant, the bed was my command center for EVERYTHING, meals, computer time, sleeping, exercise (oh wait, never did any). But I hope you get better soon, it's no fun being sick!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw that you are binging on Hart of Dixie...I am too! As I explained it to someone else who asked me what I'm watching on Netflix...it's great fluff for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you don't feel better! :( But, I love how you have found the positive in what I'm sure feels like a negative situation. Congrats on growing a baby! That's hard work!!! Thank you for sharing with us at Waiting on...Wednesday! I hope you'll join us again tomorrow!

    Holly @ www.iwillservewhileiwait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground