The Big News!

Thursday, July 2, 2015



Mmmmhhhhmm, that's right...another little Hallford is on the way! 

I'm ten weeks along now. I wasn't necessarily waiting for ten weeks to blog about it because that's what you're supposed to do, more like because typing makes me sick. Other things that make me sick include, but are not limited to:
Eating food
Smelling food
Thinking about eating or smelling food
Saying the word food
Drinking water
Speaking
Being spoken to
Moving slightly
Being touched
Walking around
Coughing
Sneezing
Breathing
Existing
Etc., etc.

In other words, I am sick this time! I have had pretty terrible morning sickness with all of my pregnancies, so I thought I knew what to expect, but this is something else altogether. This is a barely-functioning, mostly-bed-ridden, horribly-dehydrated something else and it is kicking my butt. The past three weeks have been the absolute worst, and I would really be okay with it leveling out soon because I need to Do All The Things, okay? I have PLANS. Luckily the girls have had camps that kept them mostly entertained for most of these lame weeks, but still. I am really struggling with this whole lying still and relying on other people thing. I keep being surprised at how much any feeling of self-worth I might have is wrapped up in taking care of things and not asking for help. I'm struggling emotionally almost as much as I am physically, so I keep determining that I don't CARE, I'll just get up and act like my normal self and clean everything anyway. A little nausea is no match for me! Then five minutes later I vomit until I pass out and you do kind of have to admit defeat and lie back down after that, I have discovered. 

It's a season, it will pass, and I guess I'm learning valuable, character-building lessons? Or something? Until then I'm awfully thankful for all of the support I have, and awfully sorry for all of the many, many things I've punked out on lately. And anyway, BABY! YAY!

We've managed to do a few fun things regardless, utilizing small, decently rested and hydrated windows of time. We had our own little car wash...






And a picnic...




And Inside Out...



And a little swimming...


I also got to hit up the epic Half Price Books sale at the Convention Center last weekend with Dr. Flint for some curriculum shopping. Which almost was the death of us both, but we got some great books for the year!


We've had some pretty awesome staff development sessions, too. So it's been good, just a really different, weird pace. Today my head feels a little bit more clear, at least, and I'm trying to gear up for fireworks tomorrow evening. AND Aaron's birthday the day after, which as far as I can tell is going to be even more lame than Father's Day was this year. He won't let me buy him any presents and I don't have the wherewithal to make up for that by cooking all of his favorite things or magically creating a present out of thin air, so that pretty much leaves...nothing. Guess how okay I am with a Nothing Birthday. Zero okays. I can't even say I'm still making his present and it won't be done until the end of January or so, because I totally pulled that for Father's Day.

7 comments:

  1. I know it sounds silly from a non-IRL friend, but I'm so excited for another Hallford baby!!!! :D

    Boo, to the pukes and zero birthday presents, but something tells me that as soon as the morning sickness clears, you will more than make up for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not silly at all! And girl, I will SO make up for it! Eventually...

      Delete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm sure you'll feel better in a few weeks. I would have gone nuts at that book sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      The book sale was crazy - everything was two dollars or less! So it was pretty much heaven!

      Delete
  3. SO excited for you! I am sorry that you are so crazy sick this time around. I can see for you how that would be crazy hard not to just to tough it out and take care of your family. Completely against all your instincts! Hope you're feeling better soon. Puking until you pass out? No bueno!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! Congratulations! How exciting! OMG with the sickness. I puked until 20 weeks and that was WITH taking medicine. Hang in there my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! hoping 2nd trimester is easier on you.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground