Quick Takes

Friday, September 11, 2015

1. I definitely should not be sitting here in my pajamas, drinking coffee and attempting to update this blog right now. I should be getting dressed and ready because I have to be at a midwife appointment in Dallas in an hour and I'm the slowest blogger ever...but the appointment was a last-minute reschedule and I had it in my head that I was going to have a lazy day for once, so I'm having a hard time getting in gear. I have this delusional idea that THIS TIME I can blog quickly (even though I can't, I know I can't) and we'll all somehow magically be ready on time. It's madness, but I'm too comfortable to fight it.

2. I was looking through my phone for pictures to give me ideas for quick takes, and found this gem that I forgot to put on Facebook the other day:


3. It rained very hard on Wednesday morning and after school there was still some lovely, lovely mud to be found in the far corner of the playground. Several of the boys naturally waded into it, lost their shoes, fell over, and had to be hosed off, cackling triumphantly all the while. You know it's been a good day when you have to be hosed off at the end of it!
(Here you can pretend like I said something poignant and philosophical about children getting to run wild and play in the mud and how vitally important it is for them. I'm thinking it, really, I just don't have time to write it out all intelligent-like.)

4. Notice my daughter's pristine white socks as she enjoys the spectacle from a safe and prudent distance. Apparently my days of clean socks are limited. Soon enough I'll have my own muddy little baby elephant to wash up!

5. That's right (I just realized I only put the gender reveal cake at the back-to-school picnic thing on Facebook and not actually on the blog, so here you go) Baby No. Four is a BOY! 




6. We're all pretty excited. I didn't actually believe the sonogram technician at first because WE DON'T MAKE THOSE, do we? But apparently we do!

7. Oh my goodness, I made it all the way to seven and if I can just get dressed at the speed of light we won't actually be late for the midwife. I leave you, with no transition whatsoever, on some photographic proof that Flint teachers are actually superheroes. JUST LOOK at my new costume work room. Within a span of A DAY the drama teacher transformed it from a scary, scary graveyard of broken desks and old projectors into the lovely and functional workspace you see. Sorrynotsorry, our drama team can totally beat up your drama team!







4 comments:

  1. Bahaha! I had a good chuckle at '"we don't make those." So excited for you! He's going to be such an awesome little guy with three big sisters to teach him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha! I had a good chuckle at '"we don't make those." So excited for you! He's going to be such an awesome little guy with three big sisters to teach him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys need to roll around in mud; they just do! I can't wait to see how your little guy adds to the dynamic of your family!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground