Weekend Wrap-Up

Monday, September 21, 2015

I know, I know, y'all are probably all really tired of pictures of my kids at the pool! BUT this is a milestone! Avalon was finally brave enough to hold her breath and jump in from the side. She's been working up the courage for that all summer!




Success! 
Lainey spent her Friday morning poolside in a much more demure manner, while Phoebe's manner was significantly LESS THAN DEMURE:



Here she's in time-out for the third time, after angrily throwing things at her sisters and then screaming at them for splashing her when they dodged. We're not in what you might call a reasonable stage of development right this minute. Luckily Aaron was on hand to come get her when it became evident that she wasn't going to simmer down and have any fun.

It did make my decision to leave the girls with GiGi for the football game that night much easier, though! They would have had to miss naptime and get to bed really late, so it wasn't that difficult of a choice in the first place. I just hate leaving them!

The game was fun (even though we didn't win this one) and then we had our fifth quarter potluck back at the school. I think the team would have passed out from hunger if my mama hadn't gone over and started heating up the spaghetti sauce (a Flint family secret recipe!) and boiling the noodles for us. I was really amazed, too, at how much food everyone brought - Flint knows how to show up! 







I was a little bit spoiled on Saturday, taking it easy, resting, getting my hair and nails done. "It's a good thing to take time out and take care of yourself," quoth the lady doing my pedicure, "you don't want your husband to leave you." I would like to state for the record that my feet were definitely NOT that bad! 
After the girls were in bed that evening we had a super romantic date to knock out the grocery shopping and to finally buy some maternity pants, and I'm pretty convinced that he's going to stick with me even if I never get another pedicure again. 

After church on Sunday we took the girls out for wings and later Aaron went for a much-needed massage (it was his turn to be a little bit spoiled, it works both ways!) then a football strategy meeting, while I did my lunch prep. Which I didn't get a picture of, because I was in such a rush to beat last week's time. I have it down to two hours, and that includes baking the cookies! 
When Aaron got home he and his dad replaced the burnt-out bulb in my turn signal while the girls played with his tools, which they deemed SO ADORABLE. 




We finished up the evening by grading essays and burning game film to DVD, respectively, and it was pretty cozy.




Now on to another week!






link-up!

2 comments:

  1. What an odd thing to say. Lol In what universe does the status of one's toe nail polish become the breaking point for a marriage? Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I never get pedicures; must be why I'm still single! ;) Hope you have another great weekend, as it is here again already. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground