Quick Takes!

Friday, October 9, 2015

1. We were all ready to spend today driving out to Odessa for a football game, but last night the other team cancelled the game because their field is flooded and it's supposed to rain more tonight. I can't say I'm totally sad about not making a ten hour round trip today, or about having a whole day suddenly open up! 

2. Maybe I'll make it over to Hobby Lobby today and get the supplies to start on our Homecoming mums...I want to have samples and order forms up at the front of the school next week if I can manage it.

3. My classes finished reading the first four books of the Odyssey this week, so I asked them to write about their thoughts and opinions on Telemachus so far. I am dying reading them because the opinions are so varied and forceful! Grading isn't such a horrible chore when your students are awesome.




4. Don't worry, I'll share:
"Telemachus is completely whiny and useless, probably everyone is disappointed that he didn't turn out to be a beast like his father."
"Telemachus sounds like he is FINE! The book even describes him as godlike so you know he has a six-pack!"
"He told his mom to shut up and go to her room. My mom would smack me so hard..."
"What is the point of Telemachus? He can't do anything without Athena."
"He's going to be a hero, you can tell. He just needs some guidance and confidence, like most of us."
"JUST POISON THE SUITORS ALREADY! IT'S NOT LIKE IT WOULD BE HARD, THEY EAT ALL THE TIME!"

5. I'm pretty crazy about these kids! 

6. Lainey's class read Blueberries for Sal and made blueberry jam this week. She brought her jam home yesterday and ate it with great pride! Her class has such awesome activities all the time and she is responding so well - you can just see her blossoming more every day!

7.




link-up!


1 comment:

  1. "He told his mom to shut up and go to her room. My mom would smack me so hard..."
    I hope one day my kid reflects like that. because, honestly, I would smack him so hard.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground