Weekend Wrap-Up!

Monday, October 26, 2015

This was legitimately the ideal fall weekend, y'all. It was kind of awesome!




(Full disclosure: I've been feeling slightly grumpy and discouraged for the past little while, and didn't want to either angst-blog or fake-blog, hence the not-blogging. But I feel much more cheerful now. It's impossible to stay crabby or overwhelmed when I stop and take really stock of things. I spend the vast majority of my time making things and reading books, and I get to do it with really wonderful people that I love. I'm not sure what else I could ask for!)


On Friday I spent the morning drinking tea and working on some sewing projects and mum orders (along with the obligatory trip to Hobby Lobby) while the girls hung out with Aaron. The guys had a football game (their second-to-last game of the season, eek!) that evening in the POURING RAIN. I had really planned on going to all of the games this year, but since no one was able to stay with the girls we had a chick night and I was not sad to miss out on sitting in that downpour. We snuggled up on the couch and watched Maleficent while the boys splashed in the mud.







(pictures shamelessly stolen from the Facebook pages of braver mamas than I!)


According to Aaron and the boys, playing in the rain is extra fun, which sounds crazy to me but they certainly seemed to have a good time judging from all the stories I heard. They didn't get home until almost two in the morning, soaked through and filthy, and then got up in the morning to spend the day at a fundraising project for the athletics department, loading and unloading storage units for a family we know. Anyone else need some really awesome movers? These guys are some seriously hard workers!

While the guys were gone we had a crafty day at home. I had to put the finishing touches on a bunch of Halloween costumes and the big girls got into the spirit of things with me. Avalon even helped to make part of her costume before she started making doll clothes and jewelry with scraps!




On Sunday we came home from church to feast on GiGi's amazing brisket that had been cooking all night and all morning, and then carved pumpkins. The girls told Aaron what designs they wanted and he did the actual carving after I did the gutting...they'll get to decorate with glitter and paint next weekend because we needed naptime to happen!




After we all napped we headed back to church for a fall festival and trunk-or-treat...and you know that was fun! 









We came home for some cold brisket sandwiches and then Aaron took care of the girls' baths and bedtime while I made up their lunches for the week and baked a giant batch of pumpkin spice snickerdoodles for the big kids. I didn't technically give them homework over the weekend, but I did suggest they do some work on their own time, and promised that if they could show that they had made some progress they would be duly rewarded.




4 comments:

  1. That's one sheriff I wouldn't want to mess with! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the cutest costumes for your girls! I'm glad you were able to have a great fall weekend and enjoy it. I certainly understand those moods that come, sometimes for a reason and sometimes no apparent reason, but it's so nice when it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have fun filled weekends..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are better! I don't like to blog either when I'm feeling blah.

    Great call on not going to that game! Love your girls costumes. It sounds like y'all had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground