Quick Takes

Saturday, March 19, 2016

1. Tristan and I had our Official Last Visit to the birth center yesterday (no more racing to downtown Dallas every time we turn around! Yay!) and now his footprints are on the wall next to his sisters'.




2. I love the footprint walls! Every room in the birth center is bordered with the footprints of all the babies that have been born there. It's such a happy tradition.

3. Another happy tradition - our usual St. Patrick's Day fun. I can't help myself, I love it! I wasn't very original, we did almost the same exact things as we have the past few years, with the addition of a wee little leprechaun man  - a cauldron of treats, green milk, corned beef and cabbage, soda bread, and Lucky Charms parfaits. Silly little things, but so much fun.





4. And it's already past time to start getting ready for Easter! The two are crazy close together this year. GiGi got dresses for the girls, but that's all that's prepared so far. I'm hunting the perfect outfit for Tristan. His St. Patrick's outfit I just made up quickly while he was napping the day before...but for Easter I want to do the whole dapper little suit and tie thing. I can't pass up opportunities like that!

5. Aaron just called to tell me the outcome of the All-Star game...we had three boys make the team and he was coaching it. They won 97-62! I wish I could have been there, but I could only justify leaving the girls once, and I HAD to see the coaches game last night. It's the only time I ever get to see my honey play!



6. Tristan came with me and was so good for the whole game, sitting up and watching the court like a little person. I really do think he recognized the noise of basketball from all the games I went to before he was born. 




7. This is it, just this one last weekend and then I'm back at Flint, with baby in tow! Yikes! 

2 comments:

  1. I always think your holiday traditions are so much fun! It's the simple little things that are the best things about life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the footprints on the wall.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground