Twice the Baby! Twice the Fun!

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

My big guy is currently working through some fussiness related to his newly- diagnosed milk intolerance (or milk allergy? Sensitivity? I can't remember the exact word the nurse used, which complicates my obsessive googling because these are all different things!) so we're just spending today doing a whole lot of this:


And not much else. I've read the first fifty pages of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe aloud to him, because I've read that to each of my babies during all of my maternity leaves and I'm about to run out of time to carry on that tradition.

Other than that? I've mostly sat here and contemplated how much I wish my bestie Jill lived next door to me. I always wish that, but having just had a wonderful visit from her (and her new baby boy!) that ended yesterday, I'm more aware of how amazing that would be. 


We were assigned as roommates by chance when we were upperclassmen at Berry and we've been inseparable ever since. I mean, except how we have been technically separated ever since I graduated and moved to Texas to marry Aaron. Details! 

(He's worth it, and that's saying something!)

Now we have sweet little boys who are only ten days apart in age and destined to be each other's wingmen, just like our older girls will be besties once they actually meet each other!




This was seriously perfect timing (although I guarantee I would say that regardless of when she visited!) after the crazy play-week we just had. We sat around for hours, holding our babies, drinking tea, and catching up. Heaven! We also managed to get off the couch a few times for lunch and a movie. 


It was exactly perfect, and as far as we can figure the only reason that life keeps us in separate states is because no one location can handle this much sass for an extended period of time.


1 comment:

  1. Too much cuteness! How fun that you were able to get together!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground