Father's Day Weekend

Monday, June 20, 2016

After a completely sleepless night with Tristan (as in, up from 3:00 AM until forever) I finally caved and woke Aaron up so I could get twenty minutes of sleep before I needed to get the kids ready for church. So much for my intention of letting him sleep in as much as possible on Father's Day! And then I woke up nearly three hours later and he was wrangling all four of the kids and had made bacon and eggs for everyone and was telling me I should go back to bed for the rest of the morning. Which I'm pretty sure is the exact opposite of what's supposed to happen on Father's Day, right?

That's just so Aaron of him. I don't know anyone in the world with more of a servant's heart. I'm pretty sure he's the best person I know! Our babies are beyond lucky to have him as their father, as are all of the other (bigger) babies who have adopted him, and I couldn't ask for a better partner in crime for raising all of these humans.



He took us all for a picnic lunch (which he made) at the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens on Friday, and gave the girls all notebooks and pencils to sketch the flowers. 







We DID let him sleep in as long as he wanted on Saturday morning, and the girls appropriated all of the Aldi bags from my grocery shopping trip to make him a Father's Day castle. Because...he's... the king? Or something. I don't know, I just go with it and supply water colors and stickers. 




On Sunday, once I rejoined the land of the living (still sleepy enough that I went to make a bottle in the Breza and neglected to put a liner in the bottle first, resulting in stinky milk allergy formula everywhere because I'm with it like that!) I got to give Aaron the Father's Day present that I've wanted to give him since I found out we were having a boy:





Also, those letters where you ask your kids questions about their dad and fill in the blanks, with varying degrees of accuracy. My favorite was where Phoebe said Aaron is twelve years old and if he could do anything for fun it would be to eat a tortilla. 
We finished up the day with wings and the championship game, and the girls made strawberry-lemonade cookies.







2 comments:

  1. Seems like a wonderful guy if he's letting you sleep after being up all night and cooking breakfast! :) What a great weekend!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a great weekend with the family!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground