Quick Takes

Friday, June 24, 2016

1. This boy. We like him.



2. Especially since he's starting to sleep a bit better. He's started rolling over, so he can't safely be swaddled anymore. That was a hard transition, but an important one, I guess. Now he's getting much better at getting himself settled back to sleep, and I don't have to spend fifteen minutes easing him into his crib like an adorable little bundle of nitroglycerin.

3. Success!


4. I'm in the process of going through all of the bookshelves and culling out everything that would be bad for Avalon to stumble across, since she can READ it all now. It's kind of shocking, how many inappropriate books I've apparently accumulated. I filled two big bags with trashy novels I don't want to keep but...there are still a lot of books on the shelves that I DO want to keep, but don't want her reading. And maybe I'm just projecting onto my mini-me here, but I was a fairly obedient sort of child and I can guarantee that I would absolutely have read any book in sight regardless of being told not to. I'm looking at you, Clan of the Cave Bear. So, yeah, still working on this.

5. The two biggest girls had VBS camp for most of this week, so I had lots of extra one-on-one time with Phoebe. As a direct result of this, I have concluded that she just might be the funniest little person that I know. We're introducing some basic French vocab this summer, and she really digs greeting people with an enthusiastic "BOON-JOO!" or "SAWOOOOOO!" at every opportunity. It's safe to say that I'm crazy about her.



6. Also, I think it's safe to say she's totally potty trained now. Even for night-time. I guess a benefit of waiting an ungodly length of time to potty train will do that! Aaron has converted her crib to a "big girl bed" and everything.

7. Her big prize for success was to go pick out a toy with Aaron. They came home with an oversized Batman who immediately went to live in the kids bathroom, which needed some male members of the Justice League represented since we have a BOY now and all. However, this keeps happening, so idk...









Linking up!

This Ain't The Lyceum 




1 comment:

  1. Aw, that top photo - what an absolute cutie! And Batman is looking very dapper there. ;) (Clan of the Cave Bear! I felt so grown up the first time I read that.)

    Thanks so much for sharing over at #FridayFrivolity x

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground