Summer's Lease

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May
And summer's lease hath all too short a date



It's the last day of August, we're in the middle of our teacher in-service week, and I'm about to switch out our pool bag for our football game bag. The girls have finished their summer workbooks, which I officially love. If you go to Flint you're going to hear ALL about how much I love them and how much I think you should do them come next May. 



We also finished our bedtime chapter book, The Horse and His Boy. We've been reading through the Chronicles of Narnia since Tristan was born...I've read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe to every single one of my newborns (because you have to do SOMETHING while you're sitting and rocking baby for hours on end, and mine are all used to me reading aloud from the womb, so it calms them down) and this time the older girls got hooked in and wanted ALL the Narnia, all the time.

We didn't technically "finish" our summer bucket list, since there are a few things we didn't get to, but my OCD is surprisingly okay with this! I think because flipping out and trying to force activities just so I can check them off of my list isn't exactly summer-chill, which would kind of defeat the purpose. Where this mental health and clarity is coming from, I can't imagine! Probably it's largely thanks to the fact that Tristan, at seven months old, is STILL determined to be my non-sleeper, so I can't get all crazy and project-y during naptime. Naptime is my own sacred time to catch up a little on sleep, and let me tell you I have missed it hard already this week! 

Here is our list:



And here is (partially) what that looked like:



It was one for the books, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. I can never decide which Narnia book is my favorite, but The Horse and His Boy is right up there! It's a great read aloud!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground